– the visitor journey
– Wagering / betting
– Ticketing infrastructures
– Events & hospitality facilities
GAME & RACE FACILITIES02
– Field design, turf,, tracks, lighting…
– Game regulation & regulation facilities
– Press & media (broadcast) facilities
– AV ( IPTV, Boards, LED Screens, Audio systems, dynamic signage…)
– IT (Network, WIFI, mobile communication…)
– Security (CCTV, access control…)
– Building Management Systems & LEED
More than 10 years to serve success of sports venues
During this last decade, ADERASSA has supported more than 30 large sports facilities projects ($ 150 Million up to $ 1.5 Billion) around the world in helping owners to find the best balance between sources of revenue (FAN EXPERIENCE) and the inherited costs (TECHNICAL INFRASTRUCTURES).
Fully oriented on the operations (actual or future), ADERASSA works to serve the interest of the owner in conjunction with the project team, the architects, the consultants, the owner’s representative or the PMO of the project.
As part of its international expansion, the company has recently established its headquarters in NYC
What is Cost of Revenue?
It is the total cost of producing and distributing services for the FAN EXPERIENCE in the venue.
TV: the best friend and the worst enemy for sports venues
Today, we cannot imagine not broadcasting a sports event on TV, It allows :
– Regional or college events to be seen throughout the country,
– To people who are not at the venue of being able to bet and even from thousands of kilometers.
– To collect TV rights
– To attract sponsors looking for visibility
– To engage new fans…
It is therefore important to pay special attention to broadcast infrastructures in order to attract broadcasters and make the experience of fans who can not attend the event the most immersive possible.
In an era when fans at home can watch multiple games at the same time on their large screen last generation, lounging in their comfortable couch, eating their warm delivered pizza with their iced beer.
when the stadium video board can’t match the number of highlights available on an iPad, when fans inside a stadium get poor cell-phone reception while those at home are texting and Twittering, when fans need to be at the venue 2 hours before the event dealinging with trafic jam (before and after the event)…
This why owners, associations, operators, clubs need to find new ways to attract attenders in the facilty.
This one reason why ADERASSA is focused on the FAN EXPERIENCE,
and why the COST OF REVENUE MANAGEMENT helps to create new business models.